Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Bonjour mon famille!
I miss you all so much!  This week has been a hectic one.

As soon as I set foot in my district room we started learning french.  Complete immersion haha!  Frere Lindsay only speaks French to us, so there are times that we get frustrated.  We are all praying, bearing our testimonies, and teaching full lessons in French (how exciting!).  The Gift of Tongues exists!

Last night my companion Elder Ollerton and I taught our investigator, Jake about the Great Apostasy and the Restoration, all of it was in French, How insane is that?!  I read the story of the First Vision to him in French as well.  He also gave a closing prayer and asked to know if Joseph Smith really did talk to Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ.

How are brothers doing?

"I saw a pillar of light, exactly over my head above the brightness of the sun.  which gradually descended until it fell upon me.  It no sooner appeared than I found myself delivered from the enemy which held me bound.  When the light rested upon me, I saw two personages whose brightness and glory defy all description, standing above me in the air.  One of them spake unto me, calling me by name and said, pointing to the other - "This is my beloved Son, hear Him!""

(MEMORIZED!!  WHAT NOW?!)

I know this church is true, I know that it is the only church with the restored gospel with the power of the holy Priesthood.

REMEMBER TO LOOK UP.

Say hi to Alec and Whitney for me.  I miss everyone so much, but I know that I am doing what is right.  Oh, the food is great and there are nine people in my district.

Much love family

Tell everyone to write!  Use dearelder.com.

Don't forget to choose the right and sing a hymn.

Love,
Elder Fitzsimmons

p.s.  I saw Elder Struthers!  Like Alma the younger we rejoiced when we saw our brethren were still strong with the Spirit.

p.s.s.  My P days are on Tuesdays.  It makes our day when we receive physical mail!  I keep them in my journal so I can read them.

2 comments: