Saturday, September 15, 2012

Tuesday, September 11, 2013
Thank you so much for the video of MaryJane!  It was so good to see her healthy.  This has been such a good week.  On Sunday, we watched a talk by Jeffrey R. Holland titled, MISSIONS ARE FOREVER, talk about some powerful stuff.  He shared a poem that went something along the lines of
"Come to the edge" He said.
"No, we are afraid"
"Come to the edge" He said.
"No, we are afraid"
"Come to the edge" He said.
"No, we are afraid"
"Come to the edge" He said.
"We came, He pushed us, and we flew".
I thought that was one of the coolest things in the world.  God has and will prepare a way for us to succeed no matter what he has called us to do.  He never intended for any of his children to fail.  He wants ALL of his children to return to Him in the Celestial Kingdom.

This week we were teaching our investigator Tom.  Elder Ollerton and I were talking to him about how his weekend had been since we had last seen him.  He told us that he was doing well because he had gone fishing that Sunday.  We then started the lesson and I felt a huge prompting.  I stopped my companion and told him that we need to tell him the story of the Fishers of men.  Tom didn't really want to be there and didn't  understand why we were there to teach him lessons.  He was only there because his wife wanted him to.  We explained how we are so similar to these Fishers of men and the whole reason that we are here is to bring him safely to Christ by sharing our message and invite him to come to Baptism.  Woof.  It was a crazy moment.  I somehow told him the whole thing in French.  I have no idea how to explain it other than an answer to my prayers for the Gift of Tongues.

I love it when I get letters from everyone.  Please tell all my buds to write me!  I would love to hear how they are doing!

Only two more weeks of French and then we start learning and preaching in the Tahitian language.  I am SO excited!

Give brothers a hug from me.

I really miss Dr. Pepper.

Love,
Elder Fitzsimmons

No comments:

Post a Comment