Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Hello again Mama!

How are things going?  I'm still loving it here at the MTC.  Not much to report, other than we are starting to understand the Tahitian language.  At first, it was the hardest thing I've done. It is a completely different way of thinking and now that we know how it is structured, I love it!  Every night we sing together as a district from the Hymn book in Tahitian - like five or six songs.  Last night our last song was Love at Home and all 13  of us were shedding tears.  The Spirit was so strong, it was incredible.  Speaking of the Spirit, this last Sunday was Fast Sunday.  It's the same as the regular testimony meetings at home except...... It is in your mission language.  At first I told myself that I wasn't going to get up and bear my testimony, and with 10 minutes left I had a huge prompting to get up.  So, like the obedient missionary that I am, I went up to the front and in French and Tahitian bore my testimony of the Restoration and the power of the priesthood.  I was also prompted at the end to tell the story of when Dad and I gave Scott Hicken a blessing at the hospital.  I don't know why, but I went ahead and did it anyway.  I know that this is the true church and it is the only church with God's restored priesthood.  I also know that the Priesthood can work miracles.

I love you all and can't wait to hear from all of you, especially brothers.
Well, I'm off to choir rehearsal for the devotional tonight.  (Fingers crossed that it is Elder Holland!).

Love you!
Ua here au la oe!

Elder Fitzsimmons

1 comment:

  1. I love reading your sweet missionary journey. Your spirit is so strong. It brings back my feelings as a missionary. Hmmm maybe I'll share my testimony tomorrow in your honor. Love ya and enjoy. Love Aunt Pammisue.

    ReplyDelete